Proper Care of Equipment
Helmet: To clean the helmet, use a damp cloth with mild detergent (i.e. Dawn). Using another clean damp cloth, remove the detergent. Then dry with a clean dry cloth.
- ABSOLUTELY NO WAX OR CHEMICALS TO BE USED ON HELMET
- DO NO DISASSEMBLE HELMET—ASK FOR COACHES HELP IF THERE IS A CONCERN OR PROBLEM
Mouth Piece: Using a toothbrush, use warm water and toothpaste. Clean regularly.
Shoulder Pads: Using warm water on a cloth (damp, not wet) and a mild detergent (i.e. Dawn) to clean. Use another clean damp cloth to remove the detergent. Then dry completely with a clean dry cloth.
- ABSOLUTELY NO WAX OR CHEMICALS TO BE USED ON SHOULDER PADS
- DO NOT DISASSEMBLE SHOULDER PADS—ASK FOR COACHES HELP IF THERE IS A CONCERN OR PROBLEM
Jersey: Squirt SHOUT on the soiled stains, let set for a few minutes (as instructed on the bottle), turn jersey inside out and wash in cold water on a mild cycle.
- ABSOLUTELY NO BLEACH
- DO NOT PUT IN DRYER TO AVOID SHRINKING AND CRACKING IN THE LETTERING
Football Pants: Clean by using the “Jersey” instructions above.
- DO NOT PUT IN DRYER TO AVOID SHRINKING
- IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE EQUIPMENT, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR OR FIX THEM ON YOUR OWN—ASK FOR A YSF ADMINISTRATOR FOR REPLACEMENT